October 6, 2010

The Soup :D

Ok so before I get into the nitty gritty of the soup.... This is the pride and joy of my kitchen... hopefully to be upgraded in a few years to a better version!

I love my combustion stove, it does cooking, heating and hot water... and you rarely have to clean it because everything just burns off anyway! lol.





And now for the soup..... I am calling it Pumpkin Soup, it tastes great and I am utterly surprised by how it turned out :)

Ingredients:

1 carrot
2 medium Butternut Pumpkins
1 onion
2 parsnips
2-3 celery sticks
1 small swede
6 small round radishes
2 L Chicken Stock
Handful fresh Coriander

All the vegies where diced into approx. 1cm pieces.

Throw some butter in the pot and add in the onion, fry off with a sprinkle of each -
Ground: Garam Masala, Cumin, Cinnamon, Paprika, Lemon Pepper, Garlic powder (or spices/herbs of your choice)

Throw in all the vegies except coriander, stir well cook for 5 minutes of so before adding the 2L stock.



Cook for about 3 hours (on my stove) until vegies are soft!
This is the coriander which I added about 2 minutes before blending


Blended soup

Fresh bread rising to go with the soup, cooked in the electric oven because my stove's oven does not reach a high temperature (reason 1 for upgrade)


And the finished product, served with Fresh Parmesan cheese. I would have added a little cream too but we had none :) It is very sweet soup and delicious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment