July 13, 2010

Hilbarn - week 2

Yesterday we received our second Hilbarn box, this time a $50 box as we need to decide which box we will get on a longer term basis.
WOW, I am overrun with vegies, I had to pull out all stops to try and get it all in my fridge.



So in there we have, and I weighed and counted everything just for BLOG land!!



2 Massive bunches of silverbeet
2 cauliflowers
4 broccoli heads
a bunch of 4 bokchoy
a bunch of Kale (caverlo Nero?)
a bunch of Choy Sum
2 chillies
2 lemons
2 kilos of Pinkeye potatoes
20 carrots
10 parsnips
12 apples
11 onions
and 10 kiwi fruit



I am not sure how we are going to consume all of that food and I think it would be best for us to get a weekly $25 box for now.

I made a really nice chicken stirfry last night with 400 grams of chicken and a heap of vegies, parsnip, carrots, cauliflower, silverbeet and a mushroom thrown in.
The children were not impressed with it but *shrug* when are children ever impressed?

No comments:

Post a Comment