July 4, 2008

I HATE

Hate is such a strong word, and it is thrown around with such ease these days... This poem was written in high school, for all those people who treated me like shit, this is how they made me feel.
I entered this into a poetry competition and had the honour of it being read aloud on the presentation night. The prizes where randomly drawn, but I happened to receive one and it went towards the purchase of my leavers dinner dress.
Downfall to this happening was that my english teacher thought it would be great to put the poem up on the door of the english room and everyone at the school read it. It stopped them treating me like shit, but by then I didn't care anyway!
So....

I HATE

I hate my life,
I live for dreams.
I hate my looks,
I live for happiness.
I hate the way people hate me,
I live my life not for them.
I hate those who tease,
I live for those who love.
I hate being called names everyday,
I live for what I am made.
I hate to change just for school,
I live for who I am.
I hate changing my life for others,
I live for what I make it.
I hate the way the world is disintergrating,
I live to watch it die.
I hate the way animals are disappearing,
I live to make it stop.
I hate the way the mines are growing,
I live to see them rot.
I hate the way people are starving,
I live to give them food.
I hate the way the space is filling,
I live to see it overflow.
I hate teh way drugs rule the streets,
I live to make this cease.
I hate the way the ozone is vanishing,
I live to find the cure.
I hate the way buildings are growing,
I live to see them reach the sky.
I hate the way the ice caps are shrinking,
I live to see them melt away.
I hate the way technology rules,
I live to see it engulf mankind.
I hate the world how it is today,
I live to make it change.
I hate the way we are ignored,
I live to quell the arrogance.
I hate the greed of the powerful,
I live to see the ranks disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment