August 30, 2010

Spring in all it's glory

It is so peaceful here, it would help if cars and trucks didn't frequent past, the changes that come at the beginning of spring are amazing, there are red breasted robins in abundance and blue wrens are fairly frequent visitors, the wattles are turning from green to a gorgeous blossoming yellow. The daffodils have bloomed in abundance, there are a few other flowers here and there. There are 2 broody hens still sitting on nests, there should be some sort of movement from them soon, if there will be any.
Wednesday I am heading out to celebrate the journey to motherhood of a dear friend for the second time, to bless her in her labour of love, to provide her with strength and the support she needs to bring her to the end of her pregnancy and the birth of her newest child.
To give her these blessing is an honour and I wish with all my heart for her journey to be the one she longs for, and offer her my, somewhat small amount of, experience and guidance on any matter I can! Support when she needs it and love sent from afar in times of trial. There are bound to be times of trial where children are concerned :)

Vegie box again today and to make use of left over stock from last week and some fresher stuff today, I will be stewing some apple and rhubarb to make crumble and/or pies.
I still have 3/4 of a Huge pumpkin in my fridge that I will look at roasting and freezing for later use, or um... something... hahaha
I am very much looking forward to the spring and summer months as vegetables become more abundant and fruits start to grow and ripen.
We have 3 fruit trees in and more planned but for the moment 3 is it, these will be added to in the years to come, maybe 3 per year? Harvesting will be 3 years off planting date.
I need to learn more about the upkeep of the trees we have.

The garden bed is in place and has some luscious compost/manure in the bottom of it, it was supposed to be finished on saturday but that didn't occur! So maybe next weekend it will find itself full of soil and freshly planted.. carrots?

No comments:

Post a Comment