'Out of touch', it is what I have been feeling for a long time now... since long before Christmas.
I have identified with many, many blog posts on depression and anxiety over the last months.
- Feeling sorry for myself.
- Feeling guilt, about not doing All.The.Things
- Feeling anxious, about making simple phonecalls
I have identified with a lot of things others have said, fallen into the 'at risk' zones of all the questionaires at random websites!
I have talked to the people who need to know.
I am not ok at the moment, and there is possibly nothing any one can do to help me be ok.
And that is fine with me...
I have researched, I am working on it.
The cycle will continue to move forward and I with it.
The process will be long, and at times I will be dragged forward rather than pushing through. That is ok.
I am not willing to seek medication
I am making small changes and bigger changes, exercise, practicing Gratitude and I think a diet overhaul are all things I need to approach. If that doesn't all help I may consider a GP visit.
So, in the spirit of starting something new... 5 things I am Thankful for...
- My 3 delightful Children, who inspire, challenge and delight me, although they demolish my boundaries and trample my spirit at times, they fill my heart with joy (at least once a day).
- My Husband, we have had moments, both small and large. I love him more than words, and although at times I am not always 'in love' with him, that only allows moments for me to fall for him all over again!
- My Home, a rundown, in desperate need of repair, country house. It is leaky, but solid, it holds and protects my family and belongings, on a quiet, remote piece of Tasmania. Providing solitude and comfort.
- The Internets, through all it's insanely ridiculous content, I have found support, encouragement and dare I say friendship? I may not have met people in real life, they may not even know who I am or that I blog, but there is a sense of connection and commitment that brings me joy.
- Family, they are there when needed, but do not interfere, they listen, they accept, even when they don't 'get it'. They provide me with challenges, and believe in my ability, when sometimes even I have doubts.
Are you feeling Thankful today? Do you need support, encouragement, a hug? *internet hugs gladly given*
Linking up because it's Tuesday and I blogged!